Alaska Dream Vacations Begin Here!
adventure to leisurely sightseeing
Homer Ocean Charters is a legally permitted fishing charter, located on the famous Homer Spit in Homer, Alaska since 1979. Homer is called “The Halibut Capital of the World” for good reason and we can provide you with the best of the best!
Our fleet of boats provides you with the ultimate Alaskan fishing experience. We offer premier halibut, salmon, rock fish fishing, full day and multi-day long range fishing as well as water taxi service, cruises and access to activities across Kachemak Bay. Our captains are experienced professionals and know where to look for fish. Our experience and knowledge from many years of fishing in Lower Cook Inlet and Kachemak Bay waters offers you top quality Alaskan fishing trips that you will cherish forever.
Austin Nelson of North Pole, Alaska wins the 2016 Halibut Derby on the Diamond Cape with Captain Travis Blount of Homer Ocean Charters.
New 2018 Halibut Fishing Regulations from the IPHC
- Limit of two halibut per day. If taking two one must be 28 inches or smaller
- You are allowed a total of 4 charter caught halibut per person per year
- There will no halibut fishing on Wednesdays all season and no halibut fishing on Tuesdays from June 19 thru August 21, 2018
- We have several other options for fishing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays which include salmon or salmon and rockfish combo fishing.
- Please note if you purchase your fishing license on line you are required to print it, sign it and have it in your possession. Having a PDF or other copy on a mobile phone does not meet this legal requirement
A day's catch
on the Bay Exlporer
Our captains are professionals and are dedicated to bringing you a comfortable, safe and quality Alaskan fishing trip experience. All of our boats are well equipped, have rest rooms and comfortable cabins. Our Alaska fishing charter boats and our captains are Coast Guard licensed.
We accommodate all kinds of fisherman. Whether you’re a newbie at fishing or an experienced fisherman, we offer full day, half day, and short range halibut fishing as well as single species and combination species fishing.
The ride to the fishing grounds offers spectacular views of the remote shorelines, mountains, and volcanoes of Kachemak Bay. Be sure to bring your camera as you will have chances to get some great scenic photos. We often spot pods of whales and other sea life along the way, and you will certainly want to capture those moments.
Let us plan your Homer vacation for you! We can take care of: lodging, flight seeing, hiking, kayaking, bear viewing, remote cabin rentals, scenic cruises and water taxi service to most locations in Kachemak Bay State Park. We also offer custom cruises in Prince William Sound out of Seward in mid-July through mid-September. Check www.alaskayachtcruising.com for further information.
Our Kayaking in Otter Cove Featured on premier show of "Sarah Palin's Alaska"